Search engines are limited in how they crawl the web and interpret content. A webpage doesn't always look the same to you and me as it looks to a search engine. Building or modifying web pages web pages so they are structured for both search engines and human visitors alike is the best way to get found.
All websites should include;
Basic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), all pages have relevant page titles, descriptions and keywords included, this is done at the planning stage and with direct consultation with you.
Search Engine Submission of your completed website to Google, Yahoo and Bing and I will also submit your website to the Open Directory (DMOZ).
Search-friendly URLs - For instance, it’s easy to understand what ‘www.keimosit.co.uk/web-design-info/search-engine-optimization’ would contain. It’s less easy to understand if the a URL has been created dynamically using a scripting language such as the php used by joomla - /index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15:search-engine-optimization&catid=10:web-design-info&Itemid=143
Both the same page but a dynamic URL is or can be off-putting for some people but does not necessarily affect SEO as the page content is the same.
Things that are important for SEO Ranking?
- A Secure and Accessible Website - In other words, a search engine has to be able to visit the URL and look at the page content and understand what that page is about
- Real Business Information - The presence or absence of business information is one of the most crucial local SEO ranking factors as most people do business locally and this is important for businesses targeting particular local areas.
- Page Speed (Including Mobile Page Speed) - Page speed has been cited as one of the main SEO ranking factors for years. All search engines want to improve users’ experience of the web, and fast-loading web pages have always worked better.
- Mobile Friendliness - More people use mobile devices these days than desktops to access the web, and that’s one reason there’ve been changes in how search engines rank their search results.
- Domain Age, URL, and Authority - Studies of millions of pages suggests that very few sites less than a year old achieve great ranking. So if you’ve had your site for a while, and have it SEO optimized, that’s already an advantage.
- Optimized Content - Keywords are hugely important as these are the words and phrases searchers use when they’re looking for information. They are also the words and phrases that describe the topics your site is about.
- Technical SEO - getting the code right is one aspect of optimizing content for better search engine rankings. make sure all your code is compatible and that all your header tags are relevant.
- User Experience - If people land on your site, don’t like it, and bounce away, then search engines will think it’s not relevant to their needs. So make sure the right peole are finding your site
- Links - Internal links to your own relevant pages help as well as external links to other relevant sites. If others like your contnet you will also pick up inbound links and they do have a very positive effect on ranking
- Social Media - When people share your content on social networks, that’s another sign that it’s valuable and can have an effect on your ranking, getting like for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatsapp and others does help
There is other SEO work done but , some tricks are secret!